How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space offered of as much as forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically created Click Wheel in which you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause, and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a way that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user in terms of modification and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software or hardware. Numerous firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks because they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest technology abilities have actually supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any house electronic devices in your home. It can manage your television, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Just put, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are needed prior to beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR device
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial aspect in this iPod hack’s job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not operate correctly if you missed this essential action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any house electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly really simple to understand. Softwares are already readily available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very dangerous in regard to its results on your iPod device. Unless managed by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is not ideal.