How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically created Click Wheel in which you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause, and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user regarding personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in regards to software application or hardware. Numerous firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals utilize iPod hacks because they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation capabilities have actually offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any home electronic devices in your home. It can manage your tv, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Just put, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required before beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important aspect in this iPod hacks project is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is meant to extend the range of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you want to control.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound efficiently if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not function effectively if you missed this crucial step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any home electronic equipment.
This basic example of iPod hacks is certainly very simple to comprehend. Softwares are currently readily available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very dangerous with concerns to its effects on your iPod device. Unless managed by an expert technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.