How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area offered of approximately forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically developed Click Wheel wherein you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also created in such a method that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user regarding personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software application or hardware. Different firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals use iPod hacks since they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology capabilities have supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any house electronic equipment in your home. It can control your television, DVD player, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are required before starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR device
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial aspect in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you want to manage.
You can observe if you have taped the sound efficiently if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR device would not function correctly if you missed this essential step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any house electronic equipment.
This basic example of iPod hacks is certainly extremely simple to comprehend. Softwares are currently readily available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely dangerous with regard to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless managed by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not ideal.