How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can save up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically developed Click Wheel in which you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise designed in such a method that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user regarding personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in regards to software application or hardware. Different firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people use iPod hacks because they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation abilities have provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any house electronic equipment in your home. It can control your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Just put, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are required before beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important element in this iPod hacks job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is suggested to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not function appropriately if you missed this essential action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is clearly really simple to understand. Software applications are currently readily available that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really risky with concerns to its results on your iPod device. Unless managed by a professional technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.