How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod have a lot space offered of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically created Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a method that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user in terms of personalization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in regards to software or hardware. Different firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that can altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod simplying playing music, however, some individuals use iPod hacks due to the fact that they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest innovation capabilities have provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any home electronic devices in your home. It can manage your television, DVD gamer, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Just put, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are needed prior to starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential component in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is meant to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not work correctly if you missed this important step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any house electronic equipment.
This standard example of iPod hacks is certainly very easy to understand. Software applications are currently offered that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really risky with regards to its effects on your iPod device. Unless managed by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not right.