How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area readily available of up to forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in terms of personalization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Different firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology abilities have actually offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any home electronic devices in your house. It can manage your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Simply put, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are required before beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential element in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is indicated to extend the range of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you want to manage.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound efficiently if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals of a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not work effectively if you missed this essential step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote managing any house electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly extremely easy to comprehend. Softwares are currently available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely risky with regard to its results on your iPod device. Unless managed by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is not ideal.