How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area readily available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can store up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically created Click Wheel where you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also designed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user in terms of personalization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in terms of software or hardware. Various firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people use iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology capabilities have actually provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any home electronic equipment in your house. It can control your television, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Merely cut, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important element in this iPod hacks project is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is suggested to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR gadget would not function effectively if you missed this essential step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any home electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is clearly very easy to understand. Softwares are currently offered that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely dangerous with concerns to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless handled by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is not right.